THINGS I’VE LEARNED AND UNLEARNED….
- Being an introvert has some advantages.
- Jogging can replace swimming for endorphins, but not for the pure pleasure of water.
- If you bake a lot of cakes, you feel compelled to eat them.
- Making yogurt in a slow cooker is effortless, magic, and cheap.
- Some people are kinder and friendlier to each other now, some people are not.
- Twitter brings out the best and the worst in humans – but always the best in dogs and cats.
- Everyone out on the street seems to have a dog – who knew? Where were they hiding them before now?
- Twitter posts can be depressing.
- It’s easy to zone out of Zoom meetings, and you can have snacks and washroom breaks unobserved.
- I still don’t know what TikTok is, and I really don’t care.
- “A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot!” Our “fringed pool” has stagnant water, needs to be drained, but.
- Indoor plants grow faster when I water them regularly.
- Routine events like garbage pickup and mail delivery are strangely reassuring.
- And so to bed.
— HELEN JEFFERSON LENSKYJ